EP 32 – Make Sure I’m Doing It For The Right Reasons – Tey Lynn-Jones
Tey Lynn-Jones is a Constable with the Metropolitan Police in London, England. He's been in law enforcement for 18 months and he's the first international police officer that has been on the podcast.
Besides being a constable, Tey is also a professional boxer with a impressive record and this dude loves to run.
I really enjoyed speaking with him and I learned some stuff, like the UK name for a dumpster… a “Skip”.
Below are some of the topics /social media posts that Tey and I discussed, broken down by each segment of the podcast.
Post – From Feb throw back pic you running in an event on grass :
“Tb back to happier days 😩🙏🏼Haven’t trained/run for over a week and now back has seized up again so will be another couple weeks till I can start again 😢
Now only thing to do is binge Netflix & comfort eat 😭
How times have changed that I’m distraught about not being able to run, and hating myself for about to eating shit food
Keeping the head high! 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Things can always be much worse, someone is always in a worse position than you! Be thankful! 💯”
- What would you say has been the happiest point in your life?
- What’s been the saddest or lowest point in your life?
- What’s your go to comfort food?
Post – Pic of you and dog:
“Ritual long run after night shift was gonna try do 25/30k run today, but after having a near death experience, lucky to be alive no rounding up straight home for me 🙏🏼🙌🏼”
- What happened?
- Have you ever had a near death experience before?
Post – Pic you in the ring with dad:
“Tb with my old man! 👊🏼” Best atmosphere I’ve ever been involved in, had the best support! 🙌🏼💯
- What’s the best piece of advice your dad ever gave you?
- Who are the 3 people that have supported you the most in life?
- What Is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could eat only one pizza for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your parents have caught you doing?
- What word or phrase do you say too much?
- If you were making a care package for your enemy what would you put in it?
- What do you consider yourself an expert at?
- Were you popular in school and if so what made you so popular?
This or That – Have to answer why
- Dirty laundry or dirty dishes
- Handcrafted or mass produced
- Fountain of youth or wishing well
- Tinted windows: yes or no
- Volunteer time or donate money
- Foot massage or back massage
- Hamburgers or hotdogs
- Sense of humor or sense of style
- Simonlai16: Do you think the recruitment process in the UK should be tougher?
- Austin_0823: How they bagged up possible Covid dead bodies?
- Martinrobert_88: How long does it take you to do your hair in the morning?
- Carlschmonie: Who do you love more, the job or Kemal?
- Frijolitobeans: Do you think all UK police should be armed?
Text OFFDUTY to 833-989-3124