EP 49 – Every Police Officer Has a Story to Tell – Patrick Fitzgibbons
If you're into mindset then you're going to enjoy this interview with retired police officer and military veteran, Patrick Fitzgibbons. Patrick and I really get into the topic of how important mindset is in the law enforcement profession.
Patrick who is a author and life coach, shares some really good tips for LEOs whose mindset may not be at its best and what they can done to get to a better place.
We also discuss, how important it is for police officers to share their individual stories and struggles. Patrick thinks that creating a podcast, is a great way for officers to share their story.
Because those stories can be a testimony for someone, who may be going through something similar.
FACTS ABOUT PATRICK FITZGIBBONS
- 23+ Years in Law Enforcement
- Lives in Colorado
- Host of CJ Evolution Podcast
- Life Coach
- Published author of “Evolve”
- Public speaker
FOLLOW PATRICK FITZGIBBONS
- Instagram @cjevolution_podcast/
- Facebook @CriminalJusticeEvolution/
- LinkedIn @patrick-j-fitzgibbons-699a6a24
- Twitter @pat_fitzgibbons
- Website https://www.cjevolution.com/
01:48 Lead Off Question: “Why Law Enforcement?” After being down at Fort Bragg with the 82nd airborne, Patrick knew he wanted to serve the community and becoming a police officer was his answer to do that.
07:23 Dig Deeper: This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I crafte questions around 3-5 of those posts. Below are the post and questions I spoke with Patrick about.
POST – Video of you out for a walking:
“Mindset Evolution Be grateful”
- What are you most grateful for?
- Mindset evolution – Can you explain what that means?
- Why is mindset so important for LEOs?
POST – Screenshot of a ClubHouse event with yourself and John Wiley, which was titled “Why every Police Officer should start a Podcast”:
Are you a current or former Law Enforcement? If yes, then you should start your own podcast
- When did you start CJ Evolution?
- Why do you feel it’s important for police officers to start a podcast?
- What advice would you give someone looking to start a podcast?
POST – Pic of you and your wife on the golf course:
“A great day of golf with my girl at Beaver Creek Golf Club. Blessed.”
- How long have you guys been married?
- How did you meet?
- What’s one thing that you do, that she would say drives her crazy?
33:04 Random Seven – These are the seven random questions that I put to Jared. These questions are random and electronically created.
- Would you rather explore space or the deepest part of the ocean?
- If you had a handful of modeling clay and whatever you made became real, what would you make?
- If you could read one person’s mind, who would it be?
- Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
- In what way are you too hard on yourself?
- What’s 3 must-haves that you can’t do without, when you take a road trip?
- What do you hate about the internet?
39:29 This or That – This is my version of a speed round.
- Pancakes or waffles
- Morning or night
- Baseball or volleyball
- Flip Flops or Sneakers
- Shower or bath
- Shopping in-store or online
- Cats or dogs
- Giving a gift or receiving a gift
- Smoothies or milkshakes
- Loyalty or honesty