We’re Good With Cop Stuff – John Kelly – EP 86
John Kelly spent 30 years working for the Broward County Sheriff. There he worked: Patrol, Investigations, K-9, Training, and the Motorcycle Unit.
John was a great interview! After he shared he was from Boston, I could clearly hear the Boston accent.
John was very open, sharing his low points in life and how he over coming them. Although we get a little serious during the interview, we also had a lot of laughs and John shares some great advise on life.
ABOUT JOHN KELLY
- Recently retired After 30 Years
- Law Enforcement Life Coach
- Author (Surviving Self-Inflicted Wounds)
- Motivational Speaker
- From Boston but worked and living in Florida
FOLLOW JOHN KELLY
[01:42] Lead Off Question – “Why Law Enforcement?” John says that he wanted to help people. He wanted to protect people. So for him, he had two choices and he chose law enforcement
[26:11] Dig Deeper – This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I craft questions around 3-5 of those posts.
Here is one of the Instagram post that I asked John about:
IG POST – Selfie you took – older post:
“So this is what happens when a 53 year old makes an attempt to use social media without someone providing assistance . I’ll be removing this account . Please follow me at lawenforcementlifecoach thanks for your patience”
- Other than social media and your mental health, what is one thing you require help with?
- What do you have zero patience for?
- Do you think the world would be better off without social media?
The Off Duty Podcast VIP Membership:
My VIP membership is now live and ready for you to access! Enjoy 2 exclusive episode a month plus much more as a VIP. Also 10% of every VIP membership will be donated to the “First Responders Children Foundation”. Click here to get your VIP access
[39:35] Random Seven – These are seven, totally random questions that I asked John. And they're all electronically created.
- What horror movie really freaked you out as a kid?
- Would you rather be sitting on a plane next to a screaming baby or someone with bad body odor?
- Who in your life do you always make time for?
- What apps on your phone are you on the most?
- Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
- What do you fear the most?
- Would you feel worse if no one showed up to your wedding or to your funeral?
[48:26] Flip the Script – This is where the guest, gets to ask you the listener a question. And Jason's question is: “What's the thing that's keeping you from making yourself a priority?”
Please leave your answer to John's question below in the comment area.
[49:36] This or That – This is my rapid fire round, where I give the guest two choices and they have to chose one without giving too much thought.