EP 55 – When America Sneezes Everyone Gets A Cold – James Walkling
James Walkling is a police officer originally from the UK, but now lives and works in New Zealand. James is the second international officer to be on the podcast. The first was Tey Lynn-Jones, EPISODE 32
James has a interesting story that he shared. He started off by saying, giving his family background, he really shouldn't be in law enforcement.
He shared that he was raised in, what we in America call the “foster care” system, from age 6 to 18.
When he got out of the system at age 18, he lacked basic life skills and had no clue what he wanted to do, nor did he have the skills to do anything.
After coming to this realization at age 27, James decided to enroll in night school.
I shared with James, that his story is his testimony and he should use it to help those whose path he crosses during his career.
ABOUT JAMES WALKLING:
- 5 Years in law enforcement
- Currently in engaged
- Lives in New Zealand
FOLLOW JAMES WALKLING:
01:30 Lead Off Question: “Why Law Enforcement?” James explained that after a couple of run ins with law enforcement as a young kid, he did not have a positive full of the police, and he figured the best way to make a change, would be to become a officer.
08:26 Dig Deeper: This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I craft questions around 3-5 of those posts. Below are the post and questions I spoke with James Walkling about.
POST – Most recent FB post on a donut background:
To me cops are treated like oxygen, no one appreciates it until it starts running out.
- What do you most appreciate in life?
- Is there anything or anyone no longer in your life that you wish you would have appreciated more when it or they were in your life?
POST: – Another FB post no picture just the following:
My motto in life, it's not how you fall but how you get back up! A colleague of mine needed a helping hand up today.
- What was a hard fall in your life that you had to bounce back from?
- When you’re going through a rough time, who do you turn to, to pick you up?
GET $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER:
Join my free, Law Enforcement social community, “THE LEO HUB” and I'll send you a $100 restaurant voucher. You can use at over 55,000 restaurants across the USA. CLICK HERE
19:24 Random Seven – These are the seven random questions that I asked Lynn. These questions are random and electronically created.
- What Would You Rather Throw Away: Love Or Money and why?
- If you could be reincarnated as any animal what would you be?
- What’s the most ticklish spot on your body?
- What era would you choose to live in if you could?
- What’s your passion?
- If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Why do you think men and women are so different?
25:13 This or That – This is my version of a speed round.
- $1,000,000 or IQ of 145+
- 6 sons or 6 daughters
- A pet pig or goat
- Aquarium or Zoo
- Dragon or Unicorn
- Happy fool or troubled genius
- Run at 100 mph or fly at 1 mph
- Extremely smart or extremely lucky
- Homeless or in jail
- Be stuck at age 18 or 50