EP 30 – What’s the Purpose of all of This – Officer Dawn Bracero
Police officer Dawn Bracero has been in law enforcement for 4 years in the state of Texas. Dawn is the first police officer in family and although it was always something she had an interested in, she chose a different path…. Banking!
After 8 years of working as a banker, Dawn at the age of 30, decided it was time to do what she really wanted to do, become a police officer.
She explained the challenge's she faced trying to work full time and attend the police academy on the weekend. Dawn also described the struggle she faced as a female officer during her time at the academy.
Once finally getting into the profession and on the job, Dawn soon discovered the realities of police work. She shared a low point for her, after a series of events in her personal life and how a gruesome event on the job, has caused her to have to deal with a unfortunate occurrence in our profession…. PTSD!
In these episode you can hear all of these conversations with Dawn plus more.
FOLLOW DAWN: Instagram
Getting to Know Dawn
Post – Pic of you in black under armor shirt looks like you're getting ready for work. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa”
- When you‘re really down or mad, who or what is the one thing or person that can always make you smile?
- What was the last thing you were really mad about?
Post – Locker room selfie: “Don‘t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Once you‘re done planting seeds, what would you like for your harvest to look like?
- Are you ok if some of those seeds don‘t produce any harvest?
Post – Another work selfie – about 7 weeks ago: “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven‘t found it yet, keep looking. Don‘t settle.”
- If you were not doing police work, what would you be doing?
- When was the last time, if ever, you‘ve settled for something?
Post – Selfie at the gym: “I‘ve come to believe that all my past failures and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” — Tony Robbins
- What‘s been your biggest failure or frustration?
- Is there anything you‘ve failed at numerous times but eventually succeeded at?
Post – Pic of you and partner you holding a pic of a dog:
- Can you explain what Rainbow Bridge is?
- Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
- What was the last spontaneous thing you've done?
- Would you rather explore a new planet or the depths of the ocean?
- In what way are you too hard on yourself?
- When you meet a new person do you like to talk about yourself or prefer to let them talk?
- If you were required by law to get a full body tattoo what would you get?
- What‘s your favorite travel gadget?
- Would you be more afraid of getting lost in the jungle or in the desert?
This or That – Have to answer why
- Facebook, Instagram or TikTok
- Overachiever or slacker
- Apple or Android Vacation or Staycation
- Doritos or Cheetos
- Apple or Android
- Michael Jackson or Prince
- Minivan or station wagon
Vacation contest Text OFFDUTY to 833–989–3124