EP 53 – Cristina You’ve Been Hit – Cristina Coria
Cristina Coria is a retired Santa Monica police officer. If you're a fan of the TV show, “Survivor” then you may recognize Cristina, who was a guest on season 13.
After being shot during a hostage situation, Cristina had to leave the profession as a result of the injury she sustained.
Since retiring, Cristina has become a advocate for injured officers and the families of fallen officers.
Because of her own situation with the way her department, handled her on duty injury and “workers comp”, Cristina is developing a mobile app, that will aide officers as they go through the workers comp process.
FACTS ABOUT CRISTINA CORIA
- 15 Years in LE
- CBS Survivor Season 13 Cook Islands
- Advocate for injured officers and families of fallen officers
01:41 Lead Off Question: “Why Law Enforcement?” Cristina stated that she got into law enforcement, simply because she wanted to follow in her dad and uncle footsteps. Both were officers with the Santa Monica Police Department.
19:04 Dig Deeper: This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I craft questions around 3-5 of those posts. Below are the post and questions I spoke with Cristina Coria about.
POST – Pic you were tagged in of you and a friend Christine Devine at her PHD ceremony:
“#FriendshipDay My longest LA friend still in LA. Thank you @cristinacoriasurvivor for joining me at my honorary doctorate degree ceremony!
When you know someone for 25 years you certainly know the ups and downs highs and lows… The reality!
- What’s been the highest moment in your life?
- What’s been the lowest?
POST – Another one of Christina’s photos that you’re tagged in… You, Christina and another friend having dinner:
Father’s Day amongst girlfriends! My first fine dining experience since Covid restrictions have lifted.
We’ve all lost our fathers so enjoyed a girlfriend day out. I tried octopus for the first time. My friend @cristinacoriasurvivor took a liking to it when she was on the TV show Survivor!
- Were you a daddy’s girl?
- Describe your dad in 3 words?
- What’s one of your fondest memories of your dad?
POST: – Pic of you on boat with the San Diego Harbor Police:
“Great Day with the San Diego Harbor Police”
Jeremy Committed: I fall in love with you more and more everytime I see your smile. Don't ever change please
- When you’re having one of those days, what’s the one thing that always makes you smile?
GET $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER:
Complete my 5 question survey on law enforcement and stress and I'll send you a $100 restaurant voucher. You can use at over 55,000 restaurants across the USA. CLICK HERE
34:17 Random Seven – These are the seven random questions that I asked Mitch. These questions are random and electronically created.
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- If you had no deadline, what project or task would you focus on right now?
- What makes you unique?
- If you were a villain or a criminal what would be your calling card?
- Whenever you walked somewhere, would you rather have Morgan Freeman narrate your life out loud or have a theme song played?
- What’s the last thing you’ve done that you’re really proud of?
40:16 This or That – This is my version of a speed round.
- Minivan or station wagon
- Cellphone: screen protector or case
- Rubik’s cube or magic 8 ball
- Hologram or virtual reality
- Early, on time or late
- Peacemaker or trouble maker
- Apple or Android
- Magic wand or magic carpet
- Chocolate or vanilla
- Take control or go with the flow