EP 40 – That’s the Closest You Will Get to a Superhero – Officer Brian Williams
With one year in law enforcement, Police Officer Brian Williams, from Texas is a unique individual. Unique in that he's not afraid to be himself!
This twenties something ex-Marine, has a passion or hobby that is something I had never heard of, “cosplay”, which is the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game.
Brian enjoys Disney, superheroes and yes dressing up like his favorite character.
Although we are miles apart in age and the things we fun, Brian and I had a great conversation and I actually learned some things I did not know before this interview.
2:02 – Lead Off Question: My lead off question is always, “Why law enforcement”. Brian explains how a incident involving a former friend beginning arrested, led to him wanting to get into law enforcement.
6:07 – Dig Deeper: This is where I pick several posts from the guest's social media and form questions around those posts.
POST: Wedding pic posted on mother’s day
“Happy mothers day to all the mama's out there! I've been blessed to have several strong women to be in my life to help shape who I am today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day ❤”
- Is that your wife?
- How long have you been married?
- How did you guys meet?
- If you had 30 seconds to explain who Brian Williams is, what would you say?
- What’s one piece of advice your mom has given you that you’ll never forget?
POST: From IG BIO the words Cosplayer and Dreamer
- What is a cosplayer?
- Dreamer: What are your goals and dreams for life?
POST: Pic of you at Disney in front of Buzz LightYear ride and showing off your BLY tattoo
- What is it about Disney?
- How many times have you been?
- What’s your favorite ride?
- What’s your favorite movie?
22:49 – Random Seven: Here I use an app to create 7 totally random questions. Here's the list of questions I asked Brian:
- What unpopular opinion about a superhero will you always defend?
- Who is the most overrated superhero?
- What is something you believe in that others think is not real?
- What used to scare you as a child?
- If you were going to speak to a group of graduating teenagers, what would the topic be?
- If your name was on a product, what would that product be?
- What challenges or hardships have you overcome or are working to overcome and how can what you learned help others?
33:07 – This or That: This is my “Rapid fire” round. I give the guest two topics and they have to select one over the other.
- Hot sauce (yes or no)
- Play it safe or roll the dice
- Loyalty or honesty
- Receive advice or give advice
- Forgive or hold a grudge
- Morning person or night owl
- Book or movie
- Superman or Batman
- Fruits or vegetables
- Living room or bedroom
Every Monday I give away a vacation voucher to one random listener. To enter simply Text OFFDUTY to 833-989-3124 and follow the instructions.