EP 31 – Why is God Doing This to Me – Officer Briana Turner-Gilmore
Briana Turner-Gilmore or “TG” as she is know within her department, is a police officer from Virginia. She's been on the job for 2 1/2 years now and she knew from a young age, law enforcement was wanted to do….
Like many of my guests, I came across Briana on Instagram. If you search any law enforcement hashtag on Instagram, Briana is bound to be one of the top posts.
When I asked Briana was police work what she thought it would once on the job… She admitted that it was not the same perception she had as a kid, watching police TV shows.
Briana spoke about a small tumor that was discovered on her brain about a year prior to this recording and how she's been trying to handle this medical situation along side work. She told me that she is scheduled to have the tumor removed.
She went on to say that although it's been tough she is not giving up and she accredits her willingness to never give up to her mom.
Post – Profile : “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength”
- What would you consider your biggest strength?
- What has been your biggest struggle?
Post – Parking Garage gassing off: “Thank you for coming to my Ted talk”
- Do you mind sharing that story?
Post – You at work in patrol car: “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples”
- If you could change one thing in the world what would be and why?
- What would you like your mark on the world to be?
Post – Pic of you at Billy Goat Trail – Today I ran part of BGT: “Do something today that your future self will be proud of”
- What was 15 year old Briana like?
- What advice would you give to 15 yr old Briana?
Post – You in grass wearing Calvin Klein leggings: “Motivation gets you started. Habit keeps you going”
- What’s one of your worst habits?
- What makes you feel like a kid again?
- What’s the oddest job you’ve ever taken to earn a buck?
- What magazine would you like to be on the cover of?
- Have you had a strange encounter or incident that you can’t explain?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else what would you want to know?
- Question from Simon in the UK: Would you ever go on patrol without your gun?
- Question from Drew: Are you doing this to better LE or fame?
This or That
- Drake or Jay Z
- 4 Door or 2 door
- Baseball or football
- Bad breath or body odor
- Take control or go with the flow
- Waste time or waste money
- Loyalty or honesty
- Mustard or mayo