EP 58 – But I Am Going To Love Them Anyway – Amanda Dozanti
Amanda Dozanti, also known as “A.K”, is a former police officer, who spent 13 years on the job before leaving the profession in 2020. A.K. shared that she left the job because of PTSD, which stems from an incident that she witnessed at age 17.
She talks about how the lost of a close friend at that early age, stopped her from becoming close to others as she got older…. Out of the fear of losing them.
Amanda explained that, it wasn't until she got on the job, did she realize that she had never fully dealt with the trauma and guilt she was going through.
Like many who go through rough periods in their life. Amanda has decided to use her experience to help other first responders. After leaving law enforcement, she became a, First Responder Wellness Coach and Yoga & Mindfulness Instructor.
ABOUT AMANDA DOZANTI
- Wife & mother
- 13 years in law enforcement
- Received Officer of the Year award
- From Ohio
- Owner of Life Saver Wellness LLC
FOLLOW AMANDA DOZANTI
[01:31] Lead Off Question – “Why Law Enforcement?” Amanda's replied that as a kid, her parents instilled a “very black and white” idea of right and wrong. And because of this, she felt like law enforcement was her calling.
[10:06] Dig Deeper – This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I craft questions around 3-5 of those posts.
It was during this segment, that Amanda started to open up and share the unhealed emotional wounds, of her past.
[25:46] Random Seven – These are seven, totally random questions that I asked Amanda. And they're all electronically created. This is where the podcast really becomes light hearted and fun for the guest.
GET $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER:
Complete my 5 question survey on law enforcement and stress and I'll send you a $100 restaurant voucher. You can use at over 55,000 restaurants across the USA. CLICK HERE
- What does success look like for you?
- What roles does love and affection play in your life?
- When I’m really stressed out, I cope by…….?
- WYR carry around a doll and pretend it's real or talk to yourself out loud in front of others?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
- How often do you check your social media?
[33:16] This or That – This is my version of a speed round. Again, I like to keep it light hearted. These topics have nothing to do with law enforcement, but they're meant to learn more about the personal side of the guest.
- Breakup: Text or in person
- Vintage or modern
- Free coffee or free wifi
- Truth or dare
- Babies or old people
- Take a back road or familiar route
- Spontaneous or planner
- Flat tire or run out of gas
- Phone call or text
- Bad breath or body odor